P. O. Box 40031 / Cleveland, Ohio 44140 / USA / 440-201-6046
For Smart People
Who Do Not Want To Be Dummies
About God and the Bible
(Parts I, II, III)
By J. George Cover
Lesson 19 - The Birth of Jesus (Text Version)
Scripture References: Luke 1-2
Besides this Christmas lesson, we have two others available:
- Tell Me The Story of Jesus - Special Christmas message.
- Christ In Prophecy - Great Stories of The New Testament, Lesson 1.
Worshipping the Lord at His Incarnation
- Elizabeth (1:41-45)
- Mary (1:46-55)
- Zecharias (1:63-79)
- Simeon (2:25-35)
- Anna (2:38)
- The angels (2:8-14)
- The Shepherds (2:15-18)
- The Eastern Wise Men (Matthew 2:2-11)
The first five were filled with the Holy Spirit, worshipped in the Spirit and spoke prophetic utterances.
What Did They Do and Say?
- Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist (Luke 1:41-45).
She blessed Mary, who had come to her, assured and encouraged her.
- Mary, the mother of Jesus (Luke 1:46-55).
"My soul magnifies the Lord.
"My spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior."
She gave her reasons for this:
He that is mighty has done great things and holy is His name.
- God regarded her low estate; exalted them of low degree.
- He has filled the hungry with good things.
- He helped his servant Israel, in mercy.
- All generations will call her blessed.
- His mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
- He shewed strength with his arm.
- He scattered the proud in the imaginations of their heart.
- He put down the mighty from their seats.
- He sent the rich away empty.
"Please tell me more."