Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
How To Be Born Again
The reason many professing Christians continue to live sinful lives
is that they have NOT been born again.
They are not saved.
- Is it necessary to be born again?
How did Jesus expect Nicodemus to know about the "new birth" from the Old Testament?
- It is absolutely necessary to be born again to be saved and enter the Kingdom of God.
- St. John 3:1-7; I Pet. 1:23; Titus 3:5
- Jer. 31:33; 32:39; Ezek. 11:19;18:31; 36:25-27; Ps. 51:10; Isa. 1:18-20; 55:6
The New Birth is not:
- Water baptism, church membership, reformation, trying to do better, making
resolutions to quit bad habits, giving money or service to the church, or trying to be a
Christian without the life of Christ inside.
Is it possible to be born again without Jesus Christ?
Is it for every person?
- No. Salvation is through a Saviour, the person of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Matt. 1:21; Acts 4:12; Rom. 6:23; I John 5:11-13; Luke 19:10.
- Yes, "whosoever will."
- John 3:16, 17; Rom. 10:13; John 4:10-15; Rev. 22:17
Why is it necessary to be born again and thereby receive salvation?
How can a person be born again?
- a. Because you have sinned.
- Rom. 3:23; 1 John 1:10; Isa. 53:6.
- b. Because of your lost and fallen condition:
- (1) Your sins have separated you from God. Isa. 59:1,2.
- (2) Mankind is depraved and inclined towards sin.
- Gen. 6:5,6; Psalm 53:2,3; Isa.64:6; Eccl.8:11.
- (3) The penalty of your sin.
- (4) You are spiritually dead.
- Eph. 2:1; I John 5:12; St. John 3:36.
- I. God's Part.
- (1) Jesus Christ died in your place and for your sins so that you can be
forgiven and receive that new life.
- I Cor. 15:3; Isa. 53:5,6,12; Gal. 3:13; Heb. 2:9; I Pet. 3:18; Heb. 9:28; I Pet. 2:24; Rom. 5:8.
- (2) Forgive sins.
- Heb. 10:16,17; I John 1:9; Isa. 55:7; Isa. 43:25; Isa. 44:22, 1:18.
- (3) Give Spiritual Life. Eph. 2:1,5; I John 5:11 13; St. John 3:1-7.
- II. Your Part.
- (1) Choose to be. Choose the way of Jesus instead of the way of Satan;
choose to call on the Lord for salvation. Choose whom you will serve.
- (2) Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Absolute trust.
- John 3:16-18; John 8:24; I John 5:10.
- (3) Receive Him. John 1:12.
- (4) Repent. (Be sorry for your sins - confess them - leave them.)
- Acts 3:19; Acts 2:38; Luke 13:5.
- (5) Confess Christ openly. Rom. 10:9,10.
- (6) Be Baptized.
- Acts 2:38; Mark 16:15; Matt. 28:19.
The First Four Steps Will Result in the New Birth
Evidences of the New Birth (Born Again Experience).
And the Last Two Should Follow Very Soon.
The Witness of the Word of God. (The Record; The Promise) I John 5:10,11.
The Witness of a Changed Life, resulting in:
- The Witness within of the Spirit.
- a. Overcoming sin.
- b. Feeding on the Word of God.
- c. Growth towards spiritual maturity.
- d. Winning others to Christ. (Bearing children In the spirit.)
- (A doll cannot do these things because it doesn't have life.)
"Therefore if any man be in Christ,
he is a new creature:
old things are passed away;
behold, all things are become new."
- 2 Corinthians 5:17
The person who does not KNOW that he is saved (born again), either:
Does not choose to be, or
Does not properly understand, or
Has not fully believed, trusted the Saviour and promises of God, or
Has not truly repented, or
A combination of the above factors.
Take me to the next page of the Salvation Seminar.
The above study and the Salvation seminar were written by the late J. George Cover. Please drop a comment to his
daughter Kathy if this study has been meaningful to you.
A Living Hope (54-minute video)
Bible Basics—answers a multitude of questions
God's Simple Plan of Salvation
Hell's Best Kept Secret - Ray Comfort
How to Be Born Again (With Built in Study Guide) by Billy Graham
The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
The Case for Faith by Lee Strobel
True Life Stories
Salvation Seminar - an in-depth study to help clear all doubts
Whatever Happened To Repentance?
If you would like to begin a personal relationship with Jesus Christ,
dial 1-888-NEED-HIM (1-888-633-3446) in the USA or visit www.needhim.org.
This web site is a service of
The Missing Link, Inc.®
Linking Troubled Youth & Adults with Life-Changing Programs
Home of David Wilkerson's Times Square Church Pulpit Series Multilingual Web Site
TOP OF PAGE
Last updated March 25, 2013.
Please link to this page.
Be sure to visit The Missing Link (our homepage)