P. O. Box 40031 / Cleveland, Ohio 44140 / USA / 440-201-6046
For Smart People
Who Do Not Want To Be Dummies
About God and the Bible
(Parts I, II, III)
By J. George Cover
Lesson 4 - What About the Holy Spirit? (Text Version)
Scripture References: Joel 2:28-29; John 14:15-17, 26; 15:26; 16:7-15; Acts 1:8; 2:1-18, 38-39; Ephesians 6:18-19.
Our first lesson was, "What About God?" Our third lesson was, "What About Jesus?" This lesson is, "What About The Holy Spirit?"
What was said about God is true of God the Father, Jesus the Son, and also of the Holy Spirit. The one true God consists of three divine persons, which we call the Trinity or three in one, yet there are not three Gods. All three were in the beginning and before all things.
All three had part in creation and the redemption of mankind as well; this is shown by the Scriptures.
- The Father. "In the beginning God (Elohim) created the heavens and the earth" (Genesis 1:1).
- The Son. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1:1-3).
- The Holy Spirit. "...Darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."
Redemption - Salvation.
- The Father. "For God (the Father) so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).
- The Son. "... Thou shalt call his name Jesus for he shall save his people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21).
- The Holy Spirit. "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God That which is born of the flesh is flesh: and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit" (John 3:5-6).
"Please tell me more."