Lesson 1 - What About God? (Text Version)
Scripture References: Genesis 1:1; Isaiah 43:8-13; 45:21-23 57:15; Job 38-41.
1. Where Is God? Isaiah 57:15.
2. God Is Eternal.
- God had no beginning and will have no ending. He always was and always will be.
- It is difficult for us to understand this since everything we know has a beginning and an ending, except God.
3. He Is The Creator Of All Things.
Genesis 1-3; John 1:1-3.
4. God Created Mankind To "Have Dominion" Care For His Creation, To Worship Him And To Live In Harmony With Him.
- Someone stated, "There is a God-shaped place in every person, which only He can fill or satisfy."
- Mankind, universally is a worshipper. The most primitive tribal people worship something or someone.
5. God Created Mankind In His Likeness.
- Mankind is a tri-part being: body, soul, and spirit. God is a tri-unity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Man can think, reason, will, has emotions, and can create.
- Man is conscious of right and wrong; He is a moral person. He has a sense of justice.
- Man is a social being. and wants fellowship
- Man was made to live forever, but He disobeyed his maker and death came to him.
6. God Created Mankind To Have Dominion And Care For His Creation. Genesis 1:27-31.
7. God Is A Spirit. John 4:24.
8. God Is Love. 1 John 4:16; John 3:16; Jeremiah 31:3; Isaiah 49:15-16.
9. God Is Good.
- "The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works. All thy works shall praise thee, 0 Lord; and thy saints shall bless thee" (Psalm 145-9). "0 give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; because his mercy endureth for ever" (Psalm 118:1, 29). Read Psalm 103 about the wonderful goodness of the Lord.
- Satan tried to infer that God is not good but that he was keeping good things from her, when he tempted Eve in the Garden of Eden. See Genesis 3:4-5.
- He is still pulling that lie on people today and they are believing that God is trying to deprive them of pleasures and other "good" things by his commandments. But those who know the truth know that "His commandments are not grievous" (1 John 5:3).
10. God Is Great.
- He is greater than all the universe, for He made it all.
- "Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things; this is known in all the earth. Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion; for GREAT is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee" (Isaiah 12:5-6).
"Please tell me more."